Install Android 4.0.4 ICS on Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830
Yet, another update tip for your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 with Cyanogenmod 9 Firmware. Its very innovative and keeping your set with new updates gives many more security and comes with fixed bugs.
According to Samsung, there is no ICS Update for Galaxy Ace due to its low hardware specifications and hence with Cyanogen Mod 9 update you can have lot of new hidden features in your Ace model S5830. Here is the screenshot of the set with the memory display and kernel:
Many bugs were fixed for example Camera not functioning in old versions etc. Before, applying this update make sure that your phone is already rooted and be sure to backup all your data before continuing.
With this new update you can enjoy new features like Sound, Headphones, GPS, boot, Wi-Fi, Market, Facebook Sync and lots more.
How to update?
- Root your device and install ClockWorkMod recovery.
- Download the zip file from here.
- Connect your phone to your computer and copy the zip file to your SD card.
- Now switch on your phone in recovery mode by pressing device Home button and power button together. Repeat the process if the phone starts in normal mode.
- Choose the option ‘Install from SD card’, use the up and down arrow key to browse through the menu system of Clockmod recovery. Select the zip file you have just copied in step 2 above.
- After the update, select “Reboot system now” to reboot the device.
It was really easy, in just 6 steps. Your device is now updated with Android 4.0.4 ICS with Cyanogenmod 9 Firmware. Hope you enjoy this new update.