Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on HTC One X
Yippeee ! you can now update your HTC One X with the latest Android 4.1 Jelly Bean JRN83C firmware. Every Android user is eager to update their tablets and phone with this update. Nothing to worry, I am going to tell you about the process of updating the same in very easy steps.
But, why only Jelly Bean. Its because, it is much more faster than Ice Cream Sandwich ICS and offers smooth functioning. JB also gives you many more features than ICS, one of them is offline Voice to text support. Although present bugs are being reduced and the xda developers are working hard to overcome these bugs in coming weeks.
Whatever ! remember one thing that the update is still in its beta release and may cause problems. Be sure to take the backup of your device before continuing. All of our android update articles are just for educational purposes. Use them at your own risk, Neither me nor the developer is responsible for any damages caused to your device.
- This update is only for HTC One X. Do not try this update on any other phone.
- Connect your phone to the charger before continuing.
- Backup all important data like contacts, messages etc.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone which can be done by tapping Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.
- Install HTC Sync Drivers on your PC. Download it from here.
- Root your device.
How to update?
- Download the Firmware update package from here.
- Copy the downloaded file to your SD card’s root folder.
- Disconnect your phone from the PC and connect it to the charger.
- Download Flash_Boot.zip file for flashing purposes.
- Unzip the downloaded file done in step-1 in your PC to get boot.img file.
- Copy boot.imgfile in Flash_boot folder and now the folder resembles these files:
- Switch off the device and re-start it by pressing Volume Down + Power Button together.
- Connect your device to the PC and then double-click the flash-boot-windows.bat file in flash_boot folder.
- Wait for a few minutes till your device’s kernel will be flashed.
- Press the power button on your device and select Bootloader option and then Recovery option next.
- From the recovery menu, select “Wipe data/factory reset” option and then “Wipe Cache Partition” to clear the cache.
- From ClockWorkMod recovery, select “Install zip from sd card” option and select the file “jellybean_endeavoru_tgascoigne.zip”.
- Wait for some time so that the installer can finish the update.
- Reboot your device and you are updated with the new Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.