Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10 on Verizon Galaxy Nexus I515
Verizon Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 upgrade as CyanogenMod 10 is now possible with Android 4.1.1, the latest Android version. Since, this is the latest development by XDA-Developers, there are many bugs still present on this update.
So, please do this upgrade only at your risk, neither me nor the original developers are responsible for any damages caused to your device. As per various forums, this ROM is suitable for educational purposes only, don’t use it for a running device, lest this can be tested to see how it looks, when finally released.
Warning: This ROM update is only for SCH-I515 model of Verizon Galaxy Nexus, don’t use it on other device, since it may produce undesirable results.
How to update?
- Connect your device to the charger.
- Backup all your important data like contacts, sms, calendar, notes, passwords etc.
- Download cm-10-20120724-UNOFFICIAL-toro.zip and Google Apps.
- Copy both the files to your SD card’s root folder.
- Switch off and restart in ClockworkMod Recovery by pressing Volume Up/Down + Power button.
- Backup once again by selectingBackup and Restore, and then followingBackup option.
- SelectWipe data/Factory Reset option to completely clear the device.
- SelectInstall from ZIP card and thenChoose Zip from SD Card option and select the toro-zip file you just copied in step 4.
- Confirm by pressing Yes on the next screen and wait until the upgrade finishes (approx 5-10 minutes).
- Do the same process for Google Apps file as in step 8 and 9.
- Now, jump to main screen and selectReboot System option.
- Upgrade completed, you have the latest Android 4.1.1 on your device.