Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean AOKP on Samsung Galaxy S I9000
XDA Developers are really very talented since they are developing great updates to various devices with the latest Android versions which are not packed as default with many devices. This unofficial AOKP ROM was developed by nasif619 and we thank him for this great update.
Since, this development is still in its beta release, it is having many bugs and most of the things won’t work till date. This may be fixed in the upcoming releases.
You can use this update only for training and educational purposes, since its not fully compatible, do it at your own risk, neither me nor the developer is responsible for any damages caused to your device.
This update is only for Samsung Galaxy S Model no. I9000, installing on any other device may result in unexpected results.
How to update?
- Connect your device to the charger.
- Backup all your data like contacts, sms, passwords etc.
- Download the upgrade file Galaxy S AOKP ROM.
- Copy the above file in your device’s SD card.
- Switch off your device and restart in ClockworkMod recovery by pressingVolume Up + Home + Power Button.
- Backup again by selectingBackup and Restore -> Backup option again.
- SelectWipe Data / Factory Reset option to clear your device completely.
- SelectInstall ZIP from SD Card -> Choose ZIP from SD Card option and select-confirm the file you have just copied in step 4.
- Wait until the installation completes, it will take approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Go back and selectReboot System Now.
- That’s it, you have just upgraded your device with the latest Android 4.1.1 AOKP ROM.