Install Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean CyanogenMod 10 on Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300/GT-P7310
Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 is really a great tablet launched. You will really feel proud to have this cool gadget equipped with latest Jelly Bean release. The latest ROMs are always recommended by many of the Android freaks and geeks, because alongwith great features these ROMs gives your device a new look and feel. Moreover, this gadget with Jelly Bean looks and works really great.
But, let me tell you that this ROM is still under development stage so be sure to install at your own risk, neither me nor the developer is responsible for any damages caused to your device.
This update is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 GT-P7300/GT-P7310, installing on any other device may cause unexpected results. Use the instructions in this article, only for educational purposes.
How to update?
- Connect your device to the charger.
- Backup all your important data including contacts, SMS, passwords etc.
- Download CM10 ROM For GT-P7300 or CM10 ROM For GT-P7310 as per your device model.
- Now download the Google Apps package.
- Copy both the files in your device’s SD card.
- Switch off your device and re-start it in ClockworkMod recovery by pressingVolume Down + Power Button simultaneously.
- SelectWipe Data / Factory Reset option to clear all data.
- SelectInstall ZIP from SD card and thenChoose ZIP from SD card option and then select the ROM flashing file and confirm the install.
- Wait until the installation finishes and then do the same process (8) for Google Apps file.
- Now, selectGo Back and thenReboot System Now. Remember, for configuration to properly set, it will take approx. 5 minutes for first boot, so don’t worry if your device boots slow on first go.
That’s it, you have upgraded your device with latest Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. Enjoy !