Install Android 4.1.1 CyanogenMod 10 on AT&T HTC One X
Good news for HTC AT&T One X users, there came an update by XDA-Developers for Android 4.1.1 via CyanogenMod 10, but there’s been also a bad news, you will lose your official support given by HTC, so as this company has done with many of their customers, already. But, you can have this unofficial upgrade, if you are interested in having a look at this Jelly for your Bean mobile, hope you have understood what I am going to say.
Remember, that this ROM is already in its Alpha stage so I recommend you to use this upgrade only for educational and testing purpose, since this upgrade is still lacking many of the features and may work in its future releases.
As I already told, use this upgrade only for educational and testing purpose, neither me nor the developer is responsible for any damages caused to your device. Use it at your own risk.
How to update?
- Connect your device to the charger.
- Backup all your important data including contacts, sms, password etc.
- Ensure that ClockworkMod Recovery is pre-installed in your device.
- Download CyanogenMod 10 ROM and Google Apps file.
- Copy both the files in your device’s SD card.
- Switch off and restart your phone by pressingVolume Down + Power button together.
- SelectWipe Data / Factory Reset option from the menu and confirm the same to wipe all data.
- SelectInstall ZIP from SD card and thenChoose ZIP from SD card option.
- Now select the CyanogenMod 10 ROM file you have just copied in step no. 5 and confirm the install.
- Wait until the installation completes and then do the same thing for Google Apps file (Repeat Steps 8 and 9).
- SelectGo Back option and thenReboot System Now.
That’s it, your device has been upgraded successfully with the latest Android 4.1.1 via CyanogenMod 10. If you have any problems or queries then please contact me through comments section below.