Just 2 Plugins to Secure your WordPress Install and Quality Content
WordPress is really a very nice CMS, with lots of features and very easy backend. Moreover, its open source and hence free. Installing WordPress is very easy with its install wizard. Moreover, securing your WordPress was once very hectic task, but now due to lots of plugins, it became very easy for your WordPress install keep secure.
Although, no site is secure on internet but it can be made 99% secure with proper measurements and use of hardcore tactics. I had already written a nice article about Securing your WordPress install with just 5 lines of code.
Today, I am going to tell you about how to secure your WordPress and your content with just 2 plugins.
WordPress Backend Security Plugins:
1. Better WP Security: This is a great plugin I have came across. This plugin scans your WordPress Install and ensures that you have very hardcore security enhancements, if not, it will automatically suggests you about the changes to be made. Moreover, it automatically makes changes to many features.
Common Features Include:
- Automatic scanning of your entire site and notify about any vulnerabilities
- Meta tag removal.
- Automatic removal of login error messages.
- Change vulnerable backend urls, including wp-admin, registration etc.
- Automatic database backup with scheduling feature.
- Auto-banning of spam bots and bad user agents.
- Away Mode: sets a time period to login to your admin area.
- Invalid login attempt check with brute force attacks.
- Random version number display.
- Remove RSD header information.
- Harden server settings.
- Enforcement of strong passwords for users in your site.
- Automatic detection of vulnerable attacks.
- Monitor files for changes and email you whenever necessary.
- Renaming of Admin account and changing of admin ID.
- Change the WordPress database table prefix
- Turn off file editing from within WordPress admin area
- Detects and stops numerous attacks on your database and filesystem