Are you really SAFE while SHARING your content on FACEBOOK
There’s a great proverb – “PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE“, that is what I am going to tell you all about. Facebook is a term, which is being used by a kid, now-a-days. People are addicted to Facebook so much that they even forget daily routine works sometimes. Moreover, some of my friends are online whenever I login to my account. I am also a Facebook user but never used it in such a manner.
As the love for Facebook is growing, there is also growing the crime rates related to Facebook. According to a survey, there are approx. 12000+ crimes happening which are somehow directly or indirectly related to Facebook.
That is why, I thought you to tell you about the common precautions you should take while working with Facebook on your daily use. Even if you are reading this article, and using Facebook also and in my Friends list, I never want to dishearten you or to loose a friend like you.
Taking common precautions, can help you secure your account in a much better way. The common precaution measures are:
- If you have a new and unknown friend in your Friends list and just started chatting with him/her, It is must that you never share your personal information.
- Modify your privacy settings such that only your friends can access your profile. Never open your profile for Public view.
- Before accepting any friend request, first check whether that friend is a real person or a fake.
- Only accept legitimate friend requests or from those to whom you have me personally.
- Always share photos only to your friends, not publicly.
If you really want your Facebook account in a good standing and secure, then you must follow the above five rules while browsing through Facebook. I know that Facebook is very attractive for teenagers, making friends, chatting and all those great features, but my friends, its very dangerous also. There are hackers and bad guys sitting on every nuke corner who are waiting for just a single silly mistake made by us and they steal everything from you.
With just a minimal information burglars can get complete information about your home and the valuable things. For example, if a burglar is your friend then he can easily:
- Check your photos and check those home photos and videos to find expensive items of your home.
- Detect your postal address from Google’s street view, if you have shared this information with him.
- Can check your birthday and other details from sites like 192.com etc.
- Watch other valuable information about your house and locality.
- and finally Kicks on your home, one weekend.
So, always be secure while using Facebook and don’t share any personal information on Facebook.