Why I switched to Livefyre… Bye Bye Disqus !
If you own a blog or website and want a great commenting system then what should you choose? I think, you would either go for Lifefyre or Disqus. Actually, both these commenting systems are considered as the top most plugin system across millions of publishers out there. Installing a comment system in your blog gives your readers to communicate with each other with their pro and con ideas and moreover, the comments in your article explicitly gives you a good projection among the community.
I first used Facebook Comment System in my blog, but didn’t found it much effective because the moderation system of Facebook comment system is not up to the mark. Maybe in the coming future, I will use it again.
Next, I tried Disqus for many positive reasons, its fast, reliable and moreover gives you many facilities such as connecting facility with many popular sites like Twitter, Facebook, Open ID, Disqus itself etc. But, the major reason for what I dropped using Disqus is the backend. It won’t allow us to delete the comments permanently and also I tried to delete multiple sites numerous times but no result, again and again it was showing the site in list.
Update: I got a recent update from Ryan (Disqus) in my mail, when I asked them to delete one of my duplicate site, have a look please:
Deletions are temporarily disabled while we make some changes. Sorry about this hassle and inconvenience. We’ll let you know when deletions are active again, thanks for your patience.Kind Regards,
After Googling a bit, I found Livefyre and currently using it in my blog, according to numerous reviews, I found various positive aspects of the latest Livefyre Comment 3 system which I am going to tell you.
Differences between Livefyre and Disqus:
- Sharing your comments on Twitter and Facebook is allowed with Livefyre, but its not in Disqus.
- Livefyre is having a new feature of LISTENING, which provides you with lot of information like who are currently subscribed to the current article’s comments and so on. But, Disqus comprises of reaction means if anyone linked their reactions of your site in some other’s sites comment, then it will show the count. The reactions are grabbed from Twitter API.
- Livefyre rejects Yahoo, I think because Yahoo gives more spammy comments. May the developers of Livefyre know the reason in a more elaborative way.
- Moreover, I loved Livefyre.
Why I loved Livefyre?
If you will ask me this question, then I will on a single go say – “I am trying Livefyre“, I havn’t told you that I will use Livefyre for really-really a long time, Presently, I am just trying this system. If it suits me for many of its positive reasons, then I will definitely go for it, otherwise in the coming future, I may switch back to Disqus again.
Moreover, Livefyre gives you almost all facilities which Disqus gives, plus it has many more features and enhancements which are described below.
The Latest Comment 3 System – Major Modifications by Developers:
With the latest modifications, Livefyre system has been modified and enhanced a lot, as you can see in the image above. Now, you will get these new features:
- Editing of comments
- Better loading time
- Bug fixes while opening in IE8
- Enhancements while loading through WPTouch
- NoFollow tags now present.
- And many more…
At last, I would like to clarify only one thing, If you are a regular quality content writer, then you won’t need a comment system’s help to build your community, it will be automatically built … by many secret reasons ! SECRET – Read my previous articles, you will get the meaning about this word SECRET.