Midnight Commander – A Cute File Manager for Linux Terminal
Today, I would like to tell you tell you about a nice file manager with many features for your linux operating system. Though, this cool small package is for terminal, is stunningly fast and can perform many tasks very easily.
Common features of Midnight Commander include:
- File and folder creation, editing and copying.
- Panel-wise display options.
- Bit display.
- Undelete file for ex2fs file system only.
- Inbuilt clipboard facility.
- Inbuilt command line terminal.
- and many more cool features.
Here, I would like to tell you that this package is designed using C and ncurses which gives the same the power of speed and look.
You can install this package from the terminal by typing:
sudo apt-get install mc
Or it can be installed using the Package Manager.